iconimg Monday, July 06, 2015

Press Trust Of India
New Delhi, July 22, 2013
Three months after the 21-daystand-off in Depsang valley in Ladakh, Chinese troops again came deep inside the Indian territory in that area last week to reach upto 2 km close to Indian posts, in one of five such incursions in the recent past. According to fresh details reaching here, the Chinese troops continued with the incursions and the latest incident happend as recent as two days back, this time in Chumar sector of Ladakh.

In the Depsang valley of Daulat Beg Oldi, the scene of April stand-off, Chinese troops came around 2 km close to Indian posts in Burtse on July 12, which is around 30km from the perceived Line of Actual Control (LAC), sources said.

This incursion was among five such incidents over the last 11 days. Other incursions took place in the Chumar sector which has been witnessing a heightened frequency of intrusions by the Chinese soldiers in the recent few months, they said.

In the Chumar sector, the Chinese troops had entered the area on July 16-17 and July 18 also and before that, their choppers had entered and violated Indian air space on July 11.

On July 20, a Chinese patrol came inside Chumar in the evening and after spending a few hours there, went back to their positions across the LAC, sources said.

Depsang plains were the scene of a face-off in April when Chinese had pitched their tents 19 km inside India.

They vacated their positions only after the two sides agreed to mantain pre-April 15 positions along the LAC in the entire ladakh sector.