iconimg Wednesday, September 02, 2015

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times
Ludhiana, August 27, 2013
A 23-year-old woman died and her two children suffered burn injuries when her cloth caught fire while cooking on a gas stove at Dhillon Nagar in Lohara here on Monday morning.
Khushbu was rushed to a hospital by her husband Nitish, but she succumbed to her burn injuries on the way.

Her seven-month-old son, who suffered burn injuries, is stated to be critical by the civil hospital doctors, who referred him to Christian Medical College and Hospital (CMCH), but the family denied to shifting him reportedly due to poor financial condition.

Another child, a two-year-old girl, also suffered burn injuries; however her condition is stated to be stable.

Hailing from Bihar, the family was dwelling in a rented accommodation at Lohara.

Nitish, a labourer, said that he was about to leave the house for the work, when the fire suddenly broke out from the gas stove in the room and engulfed his wife, who was cooking.

He raised alarm and tried to douse the flames with the help of neighbours, but the flames flared up immediately, and his children who were sleeping in the room also suffered burn injuries.