Rescue operations were underway on Saturday evening and the civic body could not confirm if everyone trapped under the debris had been rescued. All 60 people who died had suffocated to death under the debris, officials said.
Thirty-three injured people were admitted to the hospital. Officials said that most victims who were brought in at the hospital on Saturday had suffered crush injuries and fractures.
“Four life-saving surgeries were carried out. All of them were orthopaedic surgeries to repair the crush injuries and fractures,” said TP Lahane, dean, JJ hospital.
Hospital officials added that as most casualties were caused by suffocation and crush injuries, they would only conduct external post-mortems.
The hospital is rotating a team of attendants and nurses as they have been working since Friday morning.
A team of senior doctors from the hospital has been monitoring the progress of grievously-injured patients admitted at the hospital. The hospital premises are under a heavy security cover.