As Delhi votes on Wednesday to bring in a government of its choice, here are a few pointers on what you need to do to cast your ballot. Don't forget to exercise your voting right.
How to vote
• Go to polling officer with marked copy of electoral roll and show your
• Your name will be registered and your finger will be marked with an indelible ink after second polling officer calls your name
• Give your registered voter's slip to third polling officer, who will press ‘Ballot’ button on the electronic voting machine (EVM) and direct you to the voting compartment
• In the voting compartment, press the button against the name and symbol of the candidate of your choice on the EVM. You can also press the new ‘None Of The Above’ (NOTA) button if you don't want to vote for any candidate
• When the candidate button is pressed, a red light will glow followed by a beep and your vote will be registered What to carry
• Electors photo identity card (EPIC) and a photo voters' slip issued by the Delhi electoral office
• In case you don’t have your photo voters' slip, a duplicate can be collected from voter assistance booth at the polling station
• In case you don't have either an EPIC or photo voters' slip but your name is present on the voter list, you can produce any of the following photo documents:
# Driving License
# Service identity cards with photograph issued to employees by Central/State government/ PSUs or Public Limited Companies
# Passbooks with photograph issued by Bank/ Post Office
# PAN card
# Aadhar Card
# Smart Card issued by RGI under NPR
# MNREGA Job Card
# Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
# Pension document with photograph
• Check whether your name is on the voter list and other details at: http://ceodelhi.gov.in/OnlineErms/ElectorSearch.aspx
or by sending an SMS to EPIC<SPACE>Voter ID Card No. to 9211728082.
NOTA stands for ‘None Of The Above’, which is an option provided to voters in this Delhi assembly election for the first time to say that none of the candidates are worth voting for The EVMs will have a separate button for NOTA.
Even if most votes have been cast for the NOTA option, the candidate with largest number of votes will be declared the winner.
© Copyright © 2013 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved.