iconimg Sunday, April 26, 2015

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, January 13, 2014
The CBI has completed its probe in around seven cases lodged to examine alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks to ineligible private firms and may file the chargesheets soon, sources told HT. “The role of the accused private firms and their officials, along with some then government public servants, would be mentioned in the chargesheets,” said the source.

The agency has meanwhile not found criminality in over 50 allocations of coal blocks, which are likely to be taken out of the purview of its ongoing probe once the Supreme Court permits it.

The agency may also close two preliminary enquiries it had lodged last September to probe the missing allocation-related files.

Since September last year, the CBI has lodged 16 cases as part of its coal-scam probe, out of which while 15 pertained to allocations made to private firms. The agency had also filed a case to examine alleged irregularities in the allocation of a coal block under the government dispensation scheme.