Anju Mittal, a resident said, "We are not going to hand over the keys, we will die here, but not leave this place. We have bought these houses with our hard-earned money. I have a child who is 11 years old, she asks me what is happening and why is it happening?"
Another resident Manoj said that, "We will fight till the end and not go anywhere. The Supreme Court has not said anywhere that the flats be demolished. It wants a solution by the BMC. This is a conspiracy against us. Why is only this building being demolished, why not others like Adarsh?"
Brihan Mumbai Corporation had earlier given a May 2 deadline to the residents by which the residents failed to evict their homes. But now, the municipality has again asked the residents to evict their houses by Thursday evening.