A police officer said Anshu’s mother was boiling milk in a big pot while he was playing outside the kitchen. After boiling the milk, Lata removed the pot from the gas stove and put it down on the floor of the kitchen.
“She went to the other room for some work. In the meantime, Anshu went inside the kitchen and accidentally fell into the boiled milk. Hearing Anshu’s cries, Lata and other family members rushed to the kitchen. He was taken out of the pot and rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital where he succumbed to burn injuries during the treatment,” said a police officer.