A thick cloud of smoke was seen coming out of the computer training institute as the fire personnel tried dousing the flame. The adjacent shops were immediately evacuated. No casualties were reported from the incident."The fire was spreading on the first floor very fast. However, our firemen have been trying hard to control the blaze and stop it from affecting other shops. There is a restaurant located on the ground floor of the same building. Nobody was inside the building when the fire broke out," said the fire official, adding their firemen were facing difficulties in the fire-fighting operation because of smoke caused by the blaze.
Even as the exact cause of fire could not be ascertained, fire officials believe that the blaze broke out due to a short circuit in the electric wiring at the NIIT Center. A team of the Delhi police was also at the spot.