The woman was taken to hospital but was released after treatment.
"I was doing some regular chore and the phone was on charge for about ten minutes when it suddenly exploded. I received splinter injuries on my face and other parts," said a shaken Saha.
The phone is a Nokia 2100 set with BL 3D series battery.
"We had purchased the mobile about two and half years ago from Durgapur in Burdwan district," said the victim's husband.
Police also reached the victim's house. A forensic team would arrive soon, police said.
The Kolkata explosion was within a span of 24 hours of a Nokia mobile phone battery blast in Gujarat. The explosion occurred at a shop in Gujarat's Palanpur on Tuesday afternoon, while the phone was being charged.
Nokia has already issued an advisory asking people to return their BL-5C batteries. The company, in the advisory on its official website has stated that some 100 such incidents have occurred across the globe while charging the battery.