iconimg Saturday, August 29, 2015

Press Trust Of India
Agartala, September 19, 2012
At least 124 people were admitted to two hospitals with symptoms of food poisoning after consuming prasad at Barahaldi village in Dharmanagar district, about 210km from Agartala, officials said on Wednesday. Around 600 people consumed "khichudi prasad" on the occasion of Viswkarma puja on Tuesday at the house of Gurudas Das, they said.

After having the prasad, some of the people complained of felling unwell and started having loose motion and vomiting.

At least 124 people were admitted in Dasda and Kanchanpur sub-divisional hospital of the district on Tuesday and were being treated, chief medical officer (CMO), Dilip Das told reporters.

Das, who is camping in the area, said two additional doctors were deputed in the hospitals to assist the other doctors.

Local MLA, Rajendra Reang and sub-divisional magistrate of Kanchanpur visited the hospitals.