An extensive fund-raising campaign is being undertaken by secessionist Sikh groups in Europe and North America at the instance of Pakistan's ISI to revive terrorism in Punjab.
Sources in security agencies have informed about the movement of banned Babbar Khalsa International and
Khalistan Commando Force terror groups in Western countries with the aim to radicalise the Sikh youth by showing them doctored footage of Operation Bluestar and other propaganda materials.
The attack on Lt Gen KS Brar (retd), who led Operation Bluestar, and the disruption of Indian Independence Day celebrations in London this year were also the results of such activities of anti-India elements, sources said.
They said the workers of these terror groups were targeting the Sikh youth born and brought up in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Belgium.
Besides the BKI and KCF, various other radical groups were also working to radicalise the youth, they alleged.
Sources said that in the name of fighting the cause of Khalistan, funds were being raised from Sikhs settled there and the next-generation youth were being lured into the ideology of the extremist groups.
The most worrying part is that whenever any anti-India meeting or protest demonstration is organised like the anniversary of Operation Bluestar on June 6, there has been a significant presence of Pakistani-origin people who actively participate and share thoughts of the Khalistan ideology.
Besides, there are more than 50 social networking groups and over 20 websites, which propagate independent Khalistan and openly encourage revival of the movement.
"These are disturbing developments. We want foreign governments to curb these anti-India elements. But unfortunately, due to the liberal policies of these countries, no significant step has been taken so far against these groups," a source said.
© Copyright © 2013 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved.