The official did not divulge any details of the reply.
The aviation regulator had issued a notice seeking a reply from the airline about its plans to restart operations and to pay the employees salaries.
It has said the airline risks suspension of its licence as it has "failed to establish a safe, efficient and reliable service".
The aviation regulator has also rejected the passenger carrier's winter schedules for flight departures.
The airline last year had a departure rate of 2,930 flights per week, but has since reduced capacity due to mounting debt and an exodus of employees.
The airline Friday said it was extending the lockout till October 23. The lockout was declared October 1 after negotiations with striking employees failed.
Meanwhile, Prakash Mirpuri, vice president, corporate communications, in a statement said the management had a "positive" meeting with employee representatives on October 17 and is "hopeful of reaching common ground when we meet again next week".
"Currently, we anticipate resuming operations on November 6th, subject to our resumption plan being reviewed and approved by the DGCA," he said.