Most people spend more than half their life either finding a job or keeping the one they’ve already got. So it is natural to assume that the workplace is the cause of much stress in the average Joe’s life. Stepping in to relieve some of that tension is a new initiative called Fixerline.com. The
website, started by two women, Nishta Gupta and Sapna Goyal, was launched in April this year and offers consultation services on work-related challenges. An expert panel made up of psychologists, management gurus and HR managers dispenses advice on topics that range from salary negotiation and dress code for interviews, to even dealing with peer pressure, and new work culture.
“We often need expert opinion on work and job-related matters and don’t know where to go for it. And in today’s job market, there is presently no online platform that offers directing consultation on challenges faced by individuals and corporate employees,” says Gupta, adding that the website has 5,000 registered members and 5,000 fans on Facebook.
To avail of their services, you need to log on to the website and sign in. There is an option to keep your identity confidential as well. “Every question posted gets a response by an expert called a ‘fixer’ within 24 hours. Also, this is a free service,” says Goyal. There is no restriction on the kind or number of questions asked. “So long as it is connected to your work space, it will be accepted. We’ve routinely come across questions related to job changes, dealing with a new office culture and even
harassment at the work place,” adds Goyal. The website also offers employee assist programmes for corporates.
* I find it difficult to keep my team motivated all the time. How can I generate interest?
* I have left my job a month ago. When I asked my boss for my pending salary, he said he will pay me less than my dues. What do I do?
* How do I manage a boss who is incompetent and insecure?
* How to prepare for a job interview in finance and accounts?
* What do I do when a jerk is sitting on my head all the time?
* Is multi-tasking important to secure my job?
* People at work tease me and make sarcastic remarks around me. How do I need to handle it?
* How do I get my company to waive my notice period?
* I cannot speak English fluently, so how can I attend any interview and get the positive result?
For more info, log on to www.fixerline.com
© Copyright © 2013 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved.