Sunday, May 19, 2013
, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, November 25, 2012
First Published: 17:38 IST(25/11/2012)
Last Updated: 11:36 IST(26/11/2012)
Shah Rukh Khan has been too busy for me: Subhash Ghai
His relationship with actor Shah Rukh Khan has not gone sour but filmmaker Subhash Ghai says the actor is now too busy to work with him.
“Shah Rukh has been too busy for me. But I can’t blame him. It might be because he is also a producer now and has different hats to juggle. But I love my actors. They are like my children. He is like one too and I know he loves me and respects me,” says the 67-year-old, who has worked with SRK in Trimurti (1995) and Pardes (1997).
However, SRK’s friend-turned-foe Salman Khan, an actor-producer himself, has signed Ghai’s next despite the debacle Yuvvraaj, their last film together in 2008.
“Yes my next movie after Kaanchi (Ghai’s immediate directorial venture) will be with Salman. It’ll be a drama-action-comedy and a complete package deal that audiences associate with Salman,” says Ghai, who is returning to direction with Kaanchi.
All has not been rosy for Ghai, as earlier this year, the Supreme Court ordered him to return the 20 acres of land in Mumbai that was allotted for his film school, Whistling Woods International. Since then the filmmaker has been trying hard to save his academy from shutting down, but, he hasn’t lost hope. “I’m sure I’ll get fair justice from the judiciary as well as the state government,” he says.
© Copyright © 2013 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved.