iconimg Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Press Trust Of India
Islamabad, December 01, 2012
The trial of LeT's Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and six other Pakistani suspects charged with involvement in the Mumbai attacks was on Saturday adjourned for a week as the judge had to attend an official conference. Chaudhry Habib-ur-Rehman, the judge conducting the trial, had to participate in a conference of judges of anti-terrorism courts convened by the Chief Justice of the Lahore high court, official sources told PTI.

The trial was adjourned till December 8 without any proceedings on Saturday, the sources said.

The last hearing of the case was held on November 10, when five prosecution witnesses had been cross-examined regarding their testimony about the training of the Mumbai attackers at terrorist camps in Sindh and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa provinces and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.

Two more prosecution witnesses were scheduled to testify on Saturday.

The judge was also expected to take up an application from the prosecution for day-to-day hearings of the case.

The seven Pakistani suspects have been charged with planning, financing and executing the attacks on Mumbai in November 2008 that killed 166 people.