iconimg Saturday, July 04, 2015

Press Trust Of India
New Delhi, January 08, 2013
Terming the killing of two of its soldiers by Pakistan Army as a "provocative action", India on Tuesday said it will take up the issue with Islamabad.

"The Government of India considers the incident as a provocative action and we condemn it. Directors General of Military Operations (DGMOs) of the two countries are in touch over it.

"The government will take up the incident with Pakistan Government. We expect Islamabad to honour the ceasefire agreement strictly," the Defence Ministry said in a statement.

In a gruesome attack, Pakistani troops crossed into Indian territory and ambushed an Army patrol party killing two soldiers whose heads were reportedly chopped off.

The attack took place along the Line of Control in Poonch district when Pakistanis came about 100 metres into Indian territory and assaulted the patrol party. Besides killing two Lance Naiks, Hemraj and Sudhakar Singh, they injured two other soldiers.

During the brutal assault on the patrol party, the Pakistanis are said to have chopped off their heads, one of which they carried with them, informed sources said.

However, the Army, while confirming the killing of Indian soldiers, did not comment on reports that they had been beheaded.