iconimg Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Nikhil M Ghanekar, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, January 23, 2013
A 13-year old boy, Mukesh Patel, from Bhandup suffered a massive electric shock on Tuesday after the glass and metal coated string of the kite he was flying came in contact with a high-tension power transmission line.

The electric current that struck Patel was so strong that it formed a four feet-wide crater where he was standing.

Patel has suffered 90% burns and has been admitted to the ICU of National Burns Centre (NBC) in Airoli. He is in a critical condition.

Locals who heard the explosion initially thought that it was a bomb blast.