Three kids lose life after fire broke in their house

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Amritsar
  • |
  • Updated: Feb 23, 2013 21:54 IST

In a tragic incident, three children died after a fire broke out due to short circuit in a house at Bal Kalan village on Saturday afternoon.


They were identified as Jashandeep Singh (5), Kirtandeep Singh (3) and Navdeep Kaur (1). The children were alone at home when the fire broke out. Seeing the fire the villagers tried to rescue the kids but it was too late.

Their father Amarjit Singh, who works as a daily labourer, said, “I was at work. My wife had gone out for some work and the children were home alone. The fire broke out due to short circuit and kids who were sleeping under a quilt died.” Though the villagers tried their best to save the children, they did not succeed, said Amarjit.

Confirming the incident, SP (detective), Jasdeep Singh said, “The tragedy happened at around 3pm. We have been told by the family that there was no power supply. As soon as the power supply resumed, there was a short circuit that led to the fire in the room where the kids were present.” Since the children were too young, their efforts to save themselves might have failed, he added.

They were cremated even before the police were sounded. SP (D) Jasdeep Singh said, “Since it is an unfortunate incident, we will see to it that the family gets compensation.”  

 

also read

IIM Amritsar classes start from August 7

blog comments powered by Disqus