FRIDAY, MARCH 17
1) Photography: Moments of Nature: Photographer Anil Mali’s work focuses on wildlife. His latest exhibition includes images from Mali’s recent visits to wildlife sanctuaries across Maharashtra, including Tadoba Tiger Project, Pench Sanctuary, Kanha Sanctuary, and Bharatpur Kevladev.
Where: Jehangir Art Gallery, Kala Ghoda; Call: 98508 18644
Entry: Free; When: 11am to 7pm
2) Talk: Sucked into Space: Black holes have always been a source of fascination and intrigue amongst scientists and artists. Astrophysicist Shiraz Minwalla will shed light on the quantum physics of a black hole and why Albert Einstein didn’t believe in their existence.
Where: Kitab Khana, Fort; Call: 6170 2276
Entry: Free; When: 5.30pm
3) Dance: Sthapatya Satya: Witness a dying traditional dance from Odisha called Gotipua. It involves acrobatic movements by young boys dressed as girls and is inspired by the sculptures on temple walls.
Where: Experimental Theatre, NCPA; Call: 6622 3737
Tickets: Rs 200; When: 7pm
SATURDAY, MARCH 18
4) Theatre: Ladies Sangeet: The musical drama takes a light-hearted look at the chaos of Indian wedding rituals and the family secrets it often carries within.
Where: Prithvi Theatre, Juhu; Call: 2614 9546
Price: Rs 500; When: 6pm
5) Music: Kailasa: Bollywood singer Kailash Kher will perform some of his popular hits, gazhals and other sufi compositions.
Where: Dublin Square, Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla;Call: 6180 1100
Tickets: Rs 500; When: 7pm
6) Theatre: I Don’t Like it: An adaptation of Shakespeare’s As You Like It, the story revolves around the struggles of a troupe of clowns who haven’t been faring well in recent times.
Where: St Andrew’s Auditorium, Bandra (W); Call: 2640 1657
Price: Rs 300; When: 4pm
Read more: When clowns enact Shakespeare’s As You Like It
7) Workshop: Charcoal painting: Try your hand at sketching with charcoal and learn the various techniques to understand light and shade in a sketch.
Where: The Sassy Spoon, Hill Road, Bandra (W); Call: 86555 55555
Price: Rs 1,350; When: 4pm
SUNDAY, MARCH 19
8) Food and drink: Sunday Brunch: Start your day with pork cheek Benedict (red wine-braised pork cheeks served on grilled corn), Florentine (scrambled egg and sausage tartare), and German potato salad with poached eggs.
Where: Theory, Kamala Mills, Lower Parel; Call: 6666 6506
Price: Rs 2,600; When: 12pm onward
9) Comedy: Weekend Special: Comedians Sumukhi Suresh, Devesh Dixit and Punit Pania will poke fun at the everyday struggle of living in urban spaces, feminism and the Indian advertising industry.
Where: Tuning Fork Studios, Khar (W); Call: 98333 58490
Price: Rs 550; When: 8.30pm
10) Food and drink: Unwind: What’s better than a boozy Sunday? Pick from signature daiquiris, sangrias, margueritas, vodkatinis, bloody marys, and caipiroskas. Dig into an array of egg preparations including eggs Benedict and fluffy omelette.
Where: Indigo, Colaba; Call: 6636 8999
Price: Rs 2,100; When: 12pm to 4pm