FRIDAY, MARCH 3
1) Music: Italian Disco: Italian DJ and music producer Alexander Robotnick is set to collaborate with homegrown deep house musician Spacejams (real name Yohann Jamsandekar). Expect classic Italian Florentine music mixed with EDM and house.
Where: Bonobo, Bandra (W); Call: 2605 5050
Entry: Free; When: 9pm onward
2) Music: Barsat Rang: Celebrate Holi with veteran Hindustani classical singer Ashwini Bhide. Bhide will present traditional compositions that feature mythological tales of Krishna and the milkmaids celebrating the festival of colours.
Where: Experimental Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 6622 3737
Tickets: Rs 350 onward; When: 6.30pm
SATURDAY, MARCH 4
3) Theatre: Patni: Theatre actor Makarand Deshpande plays a husband trying to present his dead wife to the audience. The solo act progresses as a monologue, and features music by sitarist Niladri Kumar.
Where: Tata Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 6622 3737
Tickets: Rs 200 onward; When: 7pm
4) Walk: Bookworming: Follow in the footsteps of Lindsay Ford, the protagonist of the critically acclaimed novel, Shantaram, and experience the city as described by author Gregory Roberts. The walk takes you through Colaba, all the way to the slums of Navy Nagar, and the Sassoon Docks
Where: Regal Cinema, Colaba; Call: 9867764409
Price: Rs 800; When: 8.45am
5) Food and drink: New Menu: Choose from wok-tossed mushroom with truffle, traditional Rajasthani pyaaz ki kachori, tempered pindi channa with butter hot dog, dhaniya kulcha, and shawarma with biryani twist, among other dishes.
Where: Farzi Café, Kamala Mills, Lower Parel; Call: 84339 42801
Price: Rs 1,500 for two; When: 12pm onward
6) Food and drink: Global cuisine: Savour dishes from across the world. Gorge on ginger soya with Jerusalem artichoke, Thai chicken salad, duck and orange salad, spinach and aubergine bruschetta potage, and a spicy Mexican tomato-based meatball soup.
Where: MasalaBar, Carter Road, Bandra (W); Call: 84519 00257
Price: Rs 2,500 for two; When: 12.30pm onward
7) Film: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: Director Tim Burton’s film, starring Johnny Depp, is a fantasy musical based on the eponymous story by Roald Dahl. Known for his quirky style of film-making, Burton takes the audience through a bizarre journey of a fantastical chocolate-making factory.
Where: Little Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 6622 3737
Entry: Free; When: 2pm to 6pm
SUNDAY, MARCH 5
8) Workshop: Drone Making: Learn how to build a drone from scratch and how to fly it. The workshop will shed light on aviation technology and how to troubleshoot technical malfunctions on a drone.
Where: Drona Aviation, IIT Bombay, Powai; Call: 72082 55431
Price: Rs 1,500; When: 10am
9) Food and drink: Sunday Brunch: What’s a Sunday without a boozy brunch? Dig into a series of egg preparations, salads, grills and desserts. Wash it down with signature cocktails, including daiquiris, sangrias, and vodkatinis.
Where: Indigo, Mandlik Road, Colaba; Call: 6636 8999
Price: Rs 2,000 per person; When: 12pm to 4pm
10) Travel: Watermelon Festival: Treat yourselves to seasonal fruits, including watermelons, chikoos, and dates. Head to Wada, Thane, for an agricultural tour where participants will be introduced to farmers who grow watermelons. Gorge on fresh watermelons and delicacies such as popsicles, mocktails and juices.
Where: Dadar TT (assembly point. Head to Thane in a bus)
Call: 86920 86927; Price: Rs 2,000; When: 7am (assembly time)