FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11
1) Screening: Mann Faqeeri: MK Raina’s new documentary studies a cultural confluence of Shaivism, Buddhism and Islam in the Kashmir valley. A musical exchange, it fuses Hindustani classical music with chants and meditation.
Where: Godrej Dance Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 6622 3737
Entry: Free; When: 6.30pm
2) Food and drink: Cake Mixing: With a little over a month left for Christmas, participate in an age-old festive tradition of cake mixing and making wishes for the New Year. Add unlimited amounts of assorted dry fruits, cherries, plums and glazed dates, and top it up with a generous amount of liquor.
Where: Lima, North Avenue 2, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E); Call: 3015 1280
Entry: Free; When: 6.30pm
3) Travel: Wildlife Safari: Visit Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve in the Chandrapur district of the Maharashtra, which is popular for its thriving ecosystem and abundant tiger population. It is a three-day tour, till November 13.
Where: Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (assembly point); Call: 86920 86927
Price: Rs 16,500 per person; When: 7.30am (assembly time)
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12
4) Food and drink: Wine Week: Go continent hopping in Mumbai with featured international cuisines and native wines. Enjoy Chilean and Argentinean wines with an authentic Latin American dinner, a classic French wine dinner, and an Australian food and wine masterclass.
Where: Olive Bar & Kitchen (Bandra), Lima (BKC), Sofitel (BKC), Flavour Diaries, AKA (Worli)
Call: 98206 98883; Price: Rs 2,500 per person; When: 7.30pm onward
5) Music: Bass Camp: Headbang to some of the best indie metal bands from India and abroad. The line-up includes BREED, an avant-garde music duo from Los Angeles that uses animal sounds, and Kumail, a homegrown artist known for live recordings coupled with atmospheric synths.
Where: Anti Social, Khar Social, 5th Road, Khar; Call: 6522 6324
Tickets: Rs 500 onward; When: 9pm
6) Workshop: Hula Hoop: Participate to learn the curiously tough art of hula hooping with instructor Sonali Shah.
Where: The Hive, next to Ahmed Bakery, Khar (W); Call: 9967778788
Price: Rs 1,000; When: 5pm to 6.30pm
7) Theatre: A Friend’s Story: Set in the 1940s, the play is about a love triangle between three friends, and deals with conflicted sexuality, one-sided love, and jealousy. The original Marathi version was written by Vijay Tendulkar, while this English adaptation is directed by actor Akash Khurana.
Where: Experimental Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point; Call: 6622 3737
Tickets: Rs 300 onward; When: 7pm
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13
8) Art: Art Now!: Twenty-five noted contemporary artists — including Sakti Burman, Jogen Chowdhury, Thota Vaikuntam, Laxma Goud, Manu Parekh, and Anjolie Ela Menon — will collaborate to trace the trends in Indian contemporary art over the last decade.
Where: Jehangir Art Gallery, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Kala Ghoda; Call: 2284 3989
Entry: Free; When: 11am to 7pm
9) Food and drink: Festive Menu: Dig into rustic raw mango with corn nachos-beans chipotle, loose leaf Assam tea with a spinach pizza, goat cheese and arugula with pine nuts in lime dressing, and a rose syrup-based cocktail with smoked salmon crostini, among others.
Where: Terttulia, Shivaji Park, Dadar; Call: 2602 2022
Price: Rs 1,400 for two people; When: 11.30am to 1.30am
10) Art: Sound Sculpture: Noted Swiss sound artist, Zimoun, transforms everyday materials, devices and objects, into sources of unusual sounds to enhance the participant’s perception of the object.
Where:Dr Bhau Daji Lad Mumbai City Museum, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Road, Byculla
Call: 2373 1234; Entry: Rs 10 (museum entry); When: 10am to 5.30pm