Highlights: Public can look through Akhilesh govt’s lies, says Modi at Fatehpur rally
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing a Bhartiya Janata Party rally in Fatehpur’s Uttar Pradesh on Sunday.assembly elections Updated: Feb 19, 2017 15:00 IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a Bhartiya Janata Party rally in Fatehpur’s Uttar Pradesh as the 12 districts of the state voted in the third phase of assembly elections on Sunday
Modi’s rally comes two days after Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra shared the stage in Rae Bareli, attacking Modi’s “suit boot ki sarkar”.
403 constituencies of Uttar Pradesh vote in seven phases, starting February 11. The election results will be counted on March 11.
Here are the live updates:
• Modi ends the address by appealing to crowd to opt for BJP in Uttar Pradesh assembly elections 2017.
• On November 8, I jolted the nation. Those people who had black money will speak against me, conspire against me, but I did this for the common man: Modi on the Centre’s decision to demonetise currency.
“My fight is with the big fishes, not the ones who dedicatedly work... I’m sure I have the blessings of the common man.”
• On employment, Modi asks if anyone can get a job in today’s time without connections or references. “Should such a practice be allowed. Development for has to be for everyone... We (BJP) didn’t say we will provide amenities according to caste or religion. We’ll provide services to all who are in the line.”
“UP’s biggest issue is discrimination.”
There was a time when farmers had to face hurdles to get urea; We neem-coated urea & stopped its black marketing: PM Modi in Fatehpur
• Modi talks about providing gas cylinders to every household: “My mother used to use wooden stoves to give us food. I’ve felt the pain of seeing my mother suffer. It gives me inspiration to provide gas cylinders to 5 crore homes... Within 11 months, 1.75 crore houses have cyclines.”
• PM Modi says, “I want to congratulate the UP BJP. They have promised to waive farmers’ debts if they come to power.”
• Modi talks about women’s safety, referring to UP minister Gayatri Prajapati who was held for allegedly gang-raping a woman and attempting to rape her daughter... Today, Uttar Pradesh is known for crimes. Shouldn’t UP improve its law and order situation.
• The Samajwadi Party thought they are already sinking, so they joined hands with Congress to sink together: PM
Jab unhone hath pakda,tab nikle rath par;Taar k taar latak rahe the,kaanp rahe the ki current na lag jaye;Akhilesh nhi,unke naye saathi: PM pic.twitter.com/FKHD7rTFBW— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) February 19, 2017
• Why is the Samajwadi Party shying away after the third phase only. They were claiming they’ll win the elections, asks Modi
• People can discern if the government is fooling them or not. The Samajwadi Party thought they could, but the public knows better.
• The country is moving ahead, now I want Uttar Pradesh to develop as well. The exile in UP must end now. The country is moving at a fast pace and as should Uttar Pradesh
• Would like to recall Sardar Sahab’s work. Had the previous governments implemented his guidelines, the fate of our country would have been different: PM Modi
• PM pays tribute to Chhatrapati Shivaji on his birth anniversary.
(With agency inputs)