It’s quiz time, folks!
The results are out! Many of you did very well in the Auto Tech 101 quiz, and six people aced it with eleven correct answers. From those six, a lucky draw decided the winner.autos Updated: Sep 15, 2009 15:46 IST
The results are out! Many of you did very well in the Auto Tech 101 quiz, and six people aced it with eleven correct answers. From those six, a lucky draw decided the winner. The correct answers are give below for your reference. Lectures for the next semester will start soon!
lucky draw winner
Top of the class
. Vinayak Parab
. Vivek Astunkar
. Prashant Anvekar
. Noel Coutinho
. K.K.S. Tatachar
. Aaron D’Souza
1. What does ‘ABS’ stand for?
Anti-lock Braking System
2. What provides energy to drive a turbocharger?
3. The most common cylinder configuration for cars today is:
Four cylinders in line
4. A car’s engine is placed usually
Transversely in front of the passenger cabin
5. The suspension’s primary job is
To keep the tyre in contact with the road
6. ‘Halogen’ lamps are called that because
There is a halogen gas instead of a vacuum in the bulb
7. Tyres have treads because
The treads help the tyre grip in wet conditions
8. Most engines today use which combustion cycle?
The four-stroke cycle
9. Which is better: disc brakes or drum brakes?
Discs, they dissipate heat faster
10. ‘RON’ stands for Research
11. A spark plug’s electrodes are usually made of
12. The most basic thing an SUV needs to go off-road is