Mahindra-Renault launches Logan in India | autos | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Sep 22, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Mahindra-Renault launches Logan in India

India's top multi-utility vehicle maker Mahindra &Mahindra (M&M) is launching Mahindra Renault Logan in India.

autos Updated: Apr 03, 2007 17:09 IST

Marking its entry into the passenger car market, India's top multi-utility vehicle maker Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) on Tuesday launched the Mahindra Renault Logan in India.

With base models of the petrol and diesel variants priced at Rs.428,000 and Rs.547,000, the "wide-bodied" Logan will also be French carmaker Renault's entry into an expanding Indian passenger car market.

While M&M holds 51 percent of the stake in Mahindra Renault, the French firm holds the remaining 49 percent. The joint venture partnership has invested about 100 million euros (Rs.7 billion) to set up a facility with a production capacity of 50,000 cars per year.

The Logan will roll out from M&M's state-of-the-art plant located in Nashik, Maharashtra, that offers a stamping shop, a paint shop with a top quality pre-treatment and an assembly line specific for the Logan.

"The Nashik plant has been upgraded with an installed capacity to produce 50,000 Logan annually," said M&M Managing Director Anand Mahindra at the launch ceremony in Mumbai.

"The Logan is a milestone for us as it marks our entry into the most competitive segment of the automotive market. The global quality platform of the Logan with its unmatched features makes it a landmark for the Indian car industry," Mahindra said.

"The strengths of Renault and our passion for out performance and customer centricity have offered a product that will appeal to the evolved Indian customer."

The Logan will be available in six colours and in select M&M showrooms with Mahindra and Renault branding in major cities across the country.

The Logan petrol 1.4 and 1.6 versions would cost between Rs.428,000 to Rs.569,000 in Mumbai whereas the diesel 1.5 version would range between Rs.547,000 and Rs.644,000.

In Delhi, the petrol versions would range from Rs.435,000 to Rs.576,000, while the diesel would cost between Rs.554,000 and Rs.651,000.

Carlos Ghosn, president & CEO of Renault SA, said: "Today signals a new step in Renault's global expansion. It marks the start of Renault sales on the Indian market and sees the first right hand drive version of Logan created to meet the needs of our Indian customers."