Over hundred children of Government Middle and Primary School in Chhatarpur district fell ill after having mid day meal in the school on Tuesday.
The incident came to light, when 12 children seriously affected by food poisoning were admitted at government hospital of Gulgunj town.
According to information, on Tuesday afternoon mid day meal was served at middle school at Maukheda in the district by Shivam Self Help Group. After having the meal children began complaining of vomiting, fatigue, stomach pain and loose motions.
These children were taken to a local doctor by their parents. On receiving information about the incident, Bijawar SDM Anurag Verma reached the village and ordered filing of FIR against Self Help Group's director Kanhai Rajput at Gulgunj police station.
On Wednesday, 12 of affected children were admitted at Gulgunj government hospital. An inquiry has also been ordered by SDM to look into teachers' role in the whole episode.