Abducted, raped Himachal girl rescued from Madhya Pradesh | bhopal | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 28, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Abducted, raped Himachal girl rescued from Madhya Pradesh

bhopal Updated: Oct 18, 2015 23:09 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
crime against children

An 11-year-old Himachal Pradesh girl, who was allegedly abducted during her visit to Madhya Pradesh, has been recovered and handed over to her family.

The girl’s parents, who hail from Kashmir, but live in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, had complained to police that she was abducted from Madhya Pradesh, where she had gone with her 35-year-old mother and two other siblings.

Failing to locate her daughter, the woman and her siblings had returned to Kangra. Subsequently, Himachal authorities had written to the MP officials.

Taking action in the matter, the MP police conducted raids in Raisen and Sehore districts and recovered the girl. She was allegedly abducted by Makhan Singh, 24.

The girl’s parents allege that Singh raped the girl. However, the police are yet to arrest Makhan.

“Makhan had kept the girl at his uncle’s house in Sanchi (Raisen district). When we raided the place, his uncle told us that he had taken her to Sehore and subsequently, we recovered the girl and handed her over to her parents,” said SS Mukati, town inspector (TI), Sanchi police station.

Muktai said Makhan has not been arrested, as the case is registered at Noorpur police station in Kangra district. The Himachal police will take action against the accused, he added.

Noorpur police station in-charge Sansar Chand said the victim was allegedly abducted and raped. Kamlesh Kumar, a police officer posted at Rehan police outpost at Noorpur in Kangra, said that action against the accused should be taken by the Sanchi police, as the victim is a minor and has been allegedly raped.

“Once the victim’s statements are recorded, the HP police will take further action,” he added.

(Inputs from Sayeed Nadaan, Raisen)