Four boys were electrocuted in Tikamgarh district when a high tension electricity wire fell in river Gudha where they were bathing.
The incident occurred at Machoura village under Jatara police station of Tikamgarh district on Sunday.
Jatara police station in-charge officer LP Yadav said Sunil Ahirwar, 13, son of Hallu, Kaushal Ahirwar, 15, son of Kripan, Brijendra, 14, son of Gughani and Deepak Ahirwar, 13, son of Hariram were identified as the dead.
Police have registered a case. The bodies were handed over to the family members after post-mortem.
Senior police and administrative officers were yet to arrive on the spot till the filing of the report.
According to local sources, a similar incident had been reported from the village earlier as well but the power company had not taken any action.
Locals said the MP Electricity Board and local administration were responsible for the tragedy and they demanded adequate compensation for the family of those killed in the incident and strict action against the guilty.