Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Monday said that he stood by his statement that the government had not accepted the demands of terrorists responsible for last month's Mumbai attacks.
Singh told PTI over phone that whatever he had said yesterday in Indore was based on media reports and there was no question of retracting his statement.
"I stand by what I said yesterday in Indore," he said.
Singh's remark, which came a little over a month after the terror attacks on Mumbai, has created a furore.
He had said that unlike the BJP which gave into the demands of the terrorists at Kandhar, the Congress-led government had not negotiated with the militants rather eliminated them.
Singh had also said that there was a big difference between the Congress and the BJP and added that former External Affairs Minister Jaswant Singh of BJP had told a private TV news channel that he would again accept the demands of terrorists if a similar situation arises.