Mobile blast victim’s dad gets threat call | bhopal | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 19, 2017-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Mobile blast victim’s dad gets threat call

An unidentified caller has threatened the father of the 8-year-old boy in Bhopal, who lost two fingers after a Nokia mobile battery exploded while he was recharging the handset on Monday.

bhopal Updated: Jun 06, 2009 00:39 IST
P Naveen

An unidentified caller has threatened the father of the 8-year-old boy in Bhopal, who lost two fingers after a Nokia mobile battery exploded while he was recharging the handset on Monday.

His father Vinod Tiwari said the caller threatened him with dire consequences if laboratory tests failed to substantiate his charge that the handset exploded.

“I don’t know who the caller was. He said he would ensure that I am sent to jail if the mobile it is found that the mobile is of any company other than Nokia,” Tiwari said.

The incident has triggered a fresh round of allegations and clarifications between the Tiwari family and the Finnish mega corp. While the boy’s family claims to have been using the handset for the last four years, the company’s spokesperson said the model was launched only last year.

Market sources, however, suggested that placing refurbished mobile handsets procured from buy-back schemes in developed countries is not an uncommon phenomenon.