‘MP boy lodged in Pak jail completed jail term 1.5 yrs back’ | bhopal | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 23, 2017-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

‘MP boy lodged in Pak jail completed jail term 1.5 yrs back’

bhopal Updated: Dec 09, 2015 22:16 IST
boy lodged in Pak jail

A boy from Madhya Pradesh who has been lodged in a Pakistan jail had completed his jail term over one and a half year ago.

This was disclosed by Pakistan human rights activist Ansar Burney who said that Jitendra Arjunwar was arrested in August 2013. He was sentenced to one year imprisonment on the charges of trespassing. Arjunwar’s sentence was over one-and-a-half-year back.

Burney also said, “Arjunwar is being shifted to Hyderabad Jail from Malir jail, Karachi.”

Arjunwar ran away from his home at village Baghat of Seoni district in 2012. He was caught by Pakistan border security agencies near Sindh cantonment, 35 km from the India-Pakistan border, when he asked for water from somebody. Later, he was lodged in the juvenile jail.

“Arjunwar, who is suffering from sickle cell anaemia, has completed his punishment. His case was pending before the sessions court, Umerkot in Sindh Province. The Burney trust requested Pakistan’s ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of interior (home affairs) to deport him as soon as possible to India,” said Burney.

Burney said, “We are trying to trace his family because nobody from Indian and MP government contacted us so far in this regard. If it happens, he can be deported soon to India.”

Talking to Hindustan Times Seoni MLA Dinesh Rai said, “I will fight for Arjunwar as he belongs to a poor family. I will also present his case before the government so that he could come back to India.”

A Panipat-based advocate Momin Malik,Momin Malik who has taken up the cudgels for Ramzan has also decided to reunite Arjunwar.

Malik said on Tuesday, “I have collected all the documents related to Arjunwar. I will meet lawyers and other authorities too who are looking after the case of Arjunwar.”

Mailk said, “I will also file a PIL at the Jabalpur bench to know what has the state government done to bring Arjunwar back to India.”