As Special Task Force (STF) starts serving notices to 35 transport constables accused in the alleged transport constable recruitment scam-2012, the transport constables accused of using unfair means to get selected in the test, have started disappearing from the respective places of their posting.
The STF had registered a case against 35 candidates, who had appeared in the written exam of transport constable recruitment-2012 conducted by MPPEB, and four MPPEB officials including former controller of exams of MPPEB Pankaj Trivedi, in regard to the scam. Out of 35 candidates who are accused in the case, 22 had got selected as transport constables, while 13 could not pass the fitness test.
According to STF sources, a woman constable posted in Shahdol district has left her office, taking a leave on the grounds that her mother was ill. But, when a STF team reached her native place in Balaghat district, she was found missing there too along with her family members. Similarly, two constables posted at Sedhawa RTO outpost on Maharastra border were also found missing.
After receiving information from the STF about constables who have been made accused in the scam, the transport department has attached all the 22 accused constables to its headquarters in Gwalior and all of them were asked to report the office by October 21 evening. But, only eight of them reported on duty by Wednesday evening.
Transport commissioner Sanjay Choudhary said, "As per my knowledge, all the constables, who have been attached to headquarters, have been relieved from their respective places of posting. They were asked to report at the headquarters latest by October 21. The notices will be served again to them, who have not reported at the office so far," he told the HT.
A total of 56,450 candidates had appeared in the written exam of transport constable recruitment conducted in August 2012. Till now, the STF has made 35 candidates accused in the scam.