MP: Cops look into details of Shailesh Yadav’s illness, medicines | bhopal | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 17, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

MP: Cops look into details of Shailesh Yadav’s illness, medicines

Investigators probing the death of Madhya Pradesh governor Ramnaresh Yadav’s son Shailesh Yadav will be looking into details of his illness and the medicines that he had taken before his final moments, sources said. Shailesh, 50, was found dead at his Mall Avenue bungalow on Wednesday.

bhopal Updated: Mar 28, 2015 16:35 IST
HT Correspondent
Madhya-Pradesh-governor-Ramnaresh-Yadav-s-son-Shailesh-Yadav-a-key-accused-in-the-Professional-Examination-Board-PEB-scam-was-found-dead-at-his-home-in-Lucknow-on-Wednesday-morning-HT-Photo
Madhya-Pradesh-governor-Ramnaresh-Yadav-s-son-Shailesh-Yadav-a-key-accused-in-the-Professional-Examination-Board-PEB-scam-was-found-dead-at-his-home-in-Lucknow-on-Wednesday-morning-HT-Photo

Investigators probing the death of Madhya Pradesh governor Ramnaresh Yadav’s son Shailesh Yadav will be looking into details of his illness and the medicines that he had taken before his final moments, sources said. Shailesh, 50, was found dead at his Mall Avenue bungalow on Wednesday.

The sources said medico-legal experts had asked the police to provide them the details at the earliest, so that they could crosscheck it to reach a final conclusion over the cause of his death.

As the cause of death was not ascertained in the post-mortem report, the doctors had preserved the viscera, suspecting poisoning in the incident. The heart was also preserved for the same purpose. “The details in the post-mortem report suggested that most of the body organs were congested, which often happens due to lack of oxygen,” a medico-legal expert said. “Lack of oxygen in the body is caused in poisoning cases. The oxygen content decreases as soon as the poison dissolves into the blood, and subsequently causes death.”

The expert elaborated that poisoning could be caused due to different reasons like accidental consumption of a large dose of medicine containing a poison and excessive self-medication.