MP: IAS officer Gangwar denies commenting against PM Modi | bhopal | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 21, 2017-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

MP: IAS officer Gangwar denies commenting against PM Modi

Ex-collector of Barwani district Ajay Singh Gangwar, who was served a show-cause notice on Monday by the MP government on his alleged comments against Prime Minister Narendra Modi, said on Tuesday he didn’t make any comment against the PM.

bhopal Updated: Jun 01, 2016 10:42 IST
HT Correspondent
Ajay Singh Gangwar was removed from his post and posted as a deputy secretary Mantralaya by MP government in the wake of his ‘praise’ for former PM Jawaharlal Nehru and ‘attack’ on the saffron brigade in his Facebook post.
Ajay Singh Gangwar was removed from his post and posted as a deputy secretary Mantralaya by MP government in the wake of his ‘praise’ for former PM Jawaharlal Nehru and ‘attack’ on the saffron brigade in his Facebook post.

Ex-collector of Barwani district Ajay Singh Gangwar, who was served a show-cause notice on Monday by the MP government on his alleged comments against Prime Minister Narendra Modi, said on Tuesday he didn’t make any comment against the PM.

Gangwar was removed from his post and posted as a deputy secretary Mantralaya by the state government in the wake of his ‘praise’ for former PM Jawaharlal Nehru and ‘attack’ on the saffron brigade in his Facebook post on Tuesday last.

The transfer order by which Gangwar was removed, however, didn’t find mention of his FB post. The government dug out the alleged previous post of Gangwar against Modi and served a notice on him on Monday. He was given one week’s time to give his reply.

As per official sources, the notice served on Gangwar had a mention of his alleged comment -- “Modi Ke Khilaph Jankranti Honi Chaia (sic) (A revolution should be initiated against Modi).” He also allegedly liked a post against Modi.

Talking to the Hindustan Times, Gangwar said he would give reply to the notice, adding that he didn’t write any comment against the PM.

Now, if the ex-collector denies the charges in his reply, the onus of proving his guilt would lie on the state government. It will have to prove that the post against Modi really came from Gangwar.

“Let him deny. If he has really written the comment, this can be retrieved with the help of IT even if he has deleted it,” said a government official talking to the Hindustan Times.

Read: MP govt serves notice to Barwani ex-collector Gangwar over FB post on Nehru

In his praise for Nehru and attack on saffron brigade, Gangwar in his FB post written last week: “Pls let me know the mistakes Nehru should not have committed…It was his mistake if he didn’t allow you to become a Hindu Talibani Rashtra in 1947. It was his mistake that he brought IIT, ISRO, BARAC, IISB, IIM, BHEL STEEL PLANT, DAMS, THERMAL POWER (sic)”.

“…it was his mistake that he gave respect to SARABHAI, HOMI JAHANGEER instead of INTELLECTUAL like Asaram and Ramdev..It was his blunder that he opened university in place of Goshala and Mandir. It was his mistake that he showed you a scientific way in place of superstition..Gandhi family needs to apologise to the nation for such mistakes (sic).”

Meanwhile, Narsinghpur collector M Sibi Chakkravarthy who had congratulated Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa on her victory in recent Tamil Nadu assembly elections is said to have replied to the notice served on him by the state government.

When contacted Chakkravarthy said ‘No comment’.