MP minister hospitalised after suffering electric shock | bhopal | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 20, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

MP minister hospitalised after suffering electric shock

bhopal Updated: Jul 12, 2016 22:24 IST
HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Bhopal
MP minister hospitalised

The minister of school education in Madhya Pradesh state government, Kunwar Vijay Shah was admitted to a private hospital after suffering an electric shock on Tuesday at his house in Shyamla Hills locality in Bhopal.

The minister is said to be out of danger and would be discharged on Wednesday morning.

According his officer on special duty(OSD), Krishna Kant Khare, Shah on Tuesday afternoon at around 1 pm, after returning to his house from cabinet session, he was about to have his lunch. He went towards the switch board to turn on the lights of the dining area when he suddenly suffered an electric shock which turned his right hand numb.

Due to heavy rains, water had seeped into the switch board and the floor in the house was also wet. Shah was rushed to the hospital where the doctors put him under observation and declared him out of danger. They informed that the numbness due to the electric shock would disappear naturally after sometime. He would be discharged from the hospital on Wednesday morning, added Khare.