Now, use 'citizen cop' app to get duplicate copy of lost documents

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Bhopal
  • Updated: Feb 14, 2015 22:51 IST

If you have lost important documents, you need not fret. You will not have to run from pillar to post to lodge a complaint in order to apply for getting duplicate copy of the documents from the departments concerned.

The Bhopal police have added a new feature to its existing mobile app — 'citizen cop'. In case you have lost any document, you can go to the 'report lost article' feature to fill a form and provide your photograph. You will get a receipt which will bear the monogram of Bhopal police and the additional SP's name below it.

After taking a printout, you just need to apply to the particular department or agency and request for issuing the duplicate document.

Whether it's your ATM card, passport, PAN card, driving licence, SIM card or any other document, you won't have to deal with the personnel at the police station to register your FIR or sign on your complaint. The copy of receipt will go to your email too. Hence, it will be safe and there won't be a risk of you losing it.

'Citizen cop' is a mobile app of Bhopal police that was launched in 2013. The new feature has been added now. The app can be installed on any smart phone by searching the playstore or google. After downloading it and filling the name of the country (India), state (MP) and city (Bhopal), a person is able to use the features in the app.

also read

MP govt plans dress code for colleges
Show comments