The death toll due to swine flu has now reached 104 in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday with Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur and Gwalior being the worst-affected districts.
The overall H1N1 positive cases have reached over 430 in the state.
In Indore, four suspected swine flu deaths were reported on Thursday. Among the deceased, there were three women and a 45-year-old man.
According to information, over 150 patients came for screening at district hospital.
Chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s assembly segment Budhni in Sehore district reported first swine flu death.
According to chief medical and health officer Dr RK Gupta, a 57-year-man succumbed to H1N1 virus.
The victim who was from Pipaliya village of Budhni died at Narmada Hospital in Bhopal.
Gupta said five people were tested positive so far in the district.
Meanwhile, Congress corporators in Sehore have decided to sit on a hunger strike on February 20 to protest the administration's lack of preparedness to deal with the swine flu outbreak.
According to health department's report, a 27-year-old youth died in Chambal region, Gwalior on Thursday.
Around eight people were diagnosed with H1N1 virus in the district.
This year, out of around 58 people who were tested positive in Gwalior, seven people have succumbed to H1N1 virus.
Bhopal reported 10 new swine flu cases on Thursday, taking the total number of registered cases to over 180.
Till date, 27 people died in Bhopal due to swine flu.
Chief medical and health officer Dr Veena Sinha said 56 samples were sent for testing on Thursday.