Take me to my son, says RSS activist’s mother | bhopal | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 23, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Take me to my son, says RSS activist’s mother

bhopal Updated: Oct 25, 2016 08:18 IST
Anupam Pateriya, Toudia Tek (Chhatarpur)
Highlight Story

RSS activist Suresh Yadav’s parents Bhagirath and Kishori Bai with his cousin Lokendra at their house in Toudia Tek village in Chhatarpur district.(HT Photo)

“Koyi mere Munna se hamey mila dey (Let somebody help me meet my Munna),”said Kishori Bai, mother of RSS activist Suresh Yadav who was allegedly beaten up by Baihar police in Balaghat.

Police took Suresh, called Munna in his family, into custody on September 25 for posting “offensive remarks” in social media, and allegedly thrashed him in Baihar town, triggering an outcry from RSS leaders.

The Madhya Pradesh government suspended seven policemen and sacked three home guards. Later, The 10 police personnel were also booked for attempt to murder and loot.

HT spoke to Suresh’s parents at their house in Toudia Tek village, around 50 kms from the Chhatarpur district headquarters. His elderly parents said they had not seen their son after he was picked up by the police.

Suresh’s whereabouts are not known after he was discharged from a Jabalpur hospital, to which he was taken from the police station.

“After villagers told me that they saw on TV channels how Suresh was beaten up mercilessly, we are trying to know how is and where he is. Munna is the youngest of my six children,” said Suresh’s father Bagirath Yadav who is not keeping well.

“From his teenage days, he wanted to do something for the country. We would try to convince him that he should focus on his career, but he wouldn’t listen. When he said he wanted to join RSS, we tried to dissuade him as it meant he would live away from home. But he was determined,” Bagirath told HT.

“Finally, we realised if Lord Ram could spend 14 years in exile, our son would be away from home to work for the motherland. Now it up to this country how they treat him.”

After he was taken to the police station, Suresh called his father once and said, “Don’t worry, I will be fine soon.”

Suresh’s cousin brother Lokendra Singh said he had gone to Jabalpur to meet him at the hospital. “But doctors didn’t allow me to meet him, saying his condition was serious.”

Suresh’s two elder brothers work at their three-acre farmland, and sometimes as labourers.

“He (Suresh) would regularly attend RSS shakhas. In his early days, he worked as a pracharak in Tikamgarh and Narsinghpur. He was sent to work in Balaghat district nearly three years ago,” said Lokendra.

“RSS has been holding shakahas in our village Toudia Tek. Three people from our village have become RSS pracharaks.”