Two men sent to prison for raping 55-year-old in Sehore | bhopal | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 26, 2017-Sunday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Two men sent to prison for raping 55-year-old in Sehore

bhopal Updated: Mar 24, 2015 16:28 IST
HT Correspondent

Two men were sent to jail on Monday by a local court for raping and beating a 55-year-old woman at Malibayan village under Rehati police station here in Sehore earlier this month. The police are still on the lookout for three other youths, all aged between 20 and 22 years, in the case.

The victim, a beggar, was gangraped and then brutallty caned by the five youths on the intervening night of March 6-7. Locals found the victim in an unconscious state on March 7 and admitted her to Hoshangabad hospital, from where she was referred to Hamidia hospital in Bhopal.

The woman had died during treatment at a local hospital on March 14.

Angry with police inaction, villagers had gheraoed the police station and handed over memorandum to police station in-charge, following which superintendent of police (SP) Raman Singh Sikarwar constituted a team under the supervision of SDOP Ranvijay Singh Kushwaha which nabbed Dinesh Jaat, 23, and Ashok Jaat, 35, both residents of Malibayan and produced them in the court on Monday from where they were sent jail.

The other accused in the case have been identified as Mukesh, 20, Sunil, 21, and Roshan Singh, 22 are yet to be arrested, Rehati police station in charge Anil Tiwari said.

3-year-old raped in Raisen

A three-year-old girl was allegedly raped in Bareli town of Raisen district on Monday. The girl is learned to be critical and is admitted to Hamidia Hospital in Bhopal.

According to the police, 20-year-old Chhotu Rathore, a resident of Shakti Nagar in Bareli town, has been sent to 15-day judicial remand.

Sub-divisional officer of police Anil Sharma said the girl was playing outside her house when Rathore lured her to his house with chocolates. He then allegedly raped her, the officer said.

Hearing the girl scream, her parents and neighbours reached Rathore's house and saved the girl. They thrashed the man and sent him to the police.

(With inputs from Saeed Nada)