The makers of last year’s surprise hit Pyaar Ka Punchnama have suffered hurdles much ahead of the release of their next film Bittu Boss. The censor board has apparently banned their first promo.
They had planned to release a teaser of the movie with filmmaker Abbas Mustan’s multi-starrer Players, which hits theatres today, but this glitch has pushed the date to January 26, when it will be launched along with Karan Johar’s highly anticipated remake of Agneepath.
“We enquired with the Censor Board about whether they wanted any changes, but they have banned the promo without giving us any particular reason why. We wanted to release the promo with Players, but now that’s not possible. We are making some changes in the trailer, and will go back to the censors. Now we plan to release it with Agneepath,” says producer Kumar Mangat.
The directorial debut of ad-man Supavitra Babul, Bitto Boss is a story of a photographer-video recorder who earns his living shooting wedding ceremonies. “It shows his struggle and love story,” says Mangat. The film features debutants Pulkit Samrat and Amita Pathak in the lead roles.
Mangat, who also worked with fresh faces in his last hit, decided on using newcomers this time too. “It's the demand of the script. I required a new face, who could play an underdog and who had no established image. We even decided not to repeat the Pyaar ka Punchnama actors. The film is set to hit theatres on April 20, 2012.