Bollywood is not my priority: Siddharth | bollywood | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 06, 2016-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Bollywood is not my priority: Siddharth

bollywood Updated: Apr 12, 2013 17:16 IST

PTI
Highlight Story

Actor-Siddharth-at-the-event

South star Siddharth, who made a promising Bollywood debut with Aamir Khan’s Rang De Basanti (2006), has no qualms about making limited appearances in Hindi films. As a matter of fact, the 33-year-old actor-producer reveals that he has always maintained a distance from the industry.

“Bollywood is not my priority. My job is in the south. I am a lead actor. In terms of lead actor opportunities, I don’t really get good ones here. But I don’t rule out being part of the Hindi film industry,” says Siddharth, who was seen in David Dhawan’s recently released film Chashme Baddoor with co-stars Ali Zafar and Divyendu Sharma.

After Rang De Basanti, Siddharth starred in Striker (2010). Even though the film didn’t fare well at the box office, his performance was appreciated. “I always take up roles where I gain something from the process.

I don’t think about whether I will become a very big star after the film. I have been in the industry for the past 11 years and I still consider today my first day,” he says. The actor previously said that he would also like to explore directing films after a few years.