Bollywood's eagerly awaited on-screen partnerships
Lead actors often decide a Bollywood movie’s fate, and filmmakers are always on the lookout for new pairs. We look at eight eagerly awaited on-screen partnerships.bollywood Updated: Jul 13, 2013 17:35 IST
The chemistry between the lead pairs can sometimes decide the fate of a movie. But Bollywood filmmakers have often experimented by casting unique ‘jodis’. Let’s take a look at the eight most anticipated Bollywood pairs.
1. Ranbir Kapoor-Kareena Kapoor: If things go according to plan, the real-life cousins will be playing brother-sister on-screen. Both actors have already established themselves in the industry and people are now looking forward to seeing them together.
2. Vidya Balan-Farhan Akhtar: While Vidya specialises in women-centric roles, Farhan’s talent as an actor has been widely appreciated. Their upcoming film, Shaadi Ke Side Effects, the sequel to Pyaar Ke Side Effects (2006), is keenly awaited.
3. Deepika Padukone-Rajinikanth: Deepika has been fortunate to be cast opposite south superstar Rajinikanth. The film has been creating buzz since its announcement, months ago.
4. Shahid Kapoor-Sonakshi Sinha: While Shahid is the ultra-stylish, chocolate boy of Bollywood, Sonakshi is the simple, Indian girl. Their pairing in Prabhudheva’s Rambo Rajkumar seems interesting.
5. Ayushmann Khurrana-Sonam Kapoor: Sonam is the quint-essential, stylish Bollywood actress, while Ayushmann is the boy-next-door. The duo’s next, a Yash Raj Films project, is already in the news.
6. John Abraham-Asin: John Abraham and Asin have replaced Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif in Welcome Back, the sequel to Welcome (2007). The actors have never been cast together.
7. Sushant Singh Rajput-Parineeti Chopra: Both the actors have been successful in the films they have done till date. Their next release is called Shudh Desi Romance.
8. Randeep Hooda-Alia Bhatt: He is tough and she is sweet, innocent and bubbly. The pair’s chemistry in Imtiaz Ali’s Highway will be something to watch out for.