There was a time in Bollywood when fully-clothed heroines oozed oomph by pouting seductively and biting their lips or via their eye expressions.
Then came along the buxom brigade of heroines who heaved and pouted, but didn’t dare to bare.
These were followed by the stocky thunder-thigh battalion who showed off their chubby legs as they pranced about in miniskirts and shorts! However, today things have changed, especially in Bollywood which is now ruled by the bold and brassy younger platoon!
Today’s sassy stars of tinsel town flaunt their long and shapely legs and don’t make a song and dance about showing them off.
Let’s take a peek at Bollywood’s leggy ladies…
1. The award for the best legs in Bollywood goes to Deepika Padukone.
Deepika Padukone in Cocktail.
Naturally blessed with long and shapely legs, sporty Deepika has been helped along by the years of badminton she played. She is effortlessly walking towards the numero uno crown in Bollywood and those pins are sure helping.
2. Remember the leggy Shilpa Shetty strutting in shorts and boots to Chura ke Dil Mera all those years ago?
Shilpa made a guest appearance in Suniel Shetty-starrer Dishkiyaaoon.
She looked red hot and had the longest legs Bollywood had seen in a long time! Her legs were the first thing anyone noticed about her way back then and they remain her best asset till date.
3. In keeping with her westernized looks and demeanour, Katrina Kaif carries off a bikini or shorts as easily as she does a swimsuit or a cropped dress.
Katrina Kaif in a song from Dhoom 3.
Her milky white, creamy, steamy long legs are an extension of her persona, heating up the screen in her films such as Bang Bang and Dhoom 3.
4. Sri Lankan beauty Jacqueline Fernandes not only has long, sensuous legs but also perfectly toned.
Jacqueline in Chitiyan Kaliyaan from Roy.
Her pins complement her shapely figure and drop dead good looks. She set the screen on fire with her slashed swimsuit in the seductive Haale Dil Tujhko Sunata from Murder 2.
5. Priyanka Chopra’s legs seem to go on forever! Blessed with svelte legs, she believes in flaunting them to the fullest.
Priyanka in her item song from Ramleela: Goliyon Ki Rasleela.
This actor sure knows how to carry of any avatar and any outfit, and those luscious legs definitely help.
6. Anushka Sharma’s unusually long torso is complemented by a pair of really long and toned legs.
Comfortable in anything she wears, her bikini moment came in Ladies Vs Ricky Behl, PK and Dil Dhadakne Do.
7. Bengal tigress Bipasha Basu was flabby when she first forayed into movies.
But she has proved that a good workout and gymming can not only tone your body but also your legs! She flaunted a fine pair in Players and has recently done a bit of leggy modelling for a top brand.
8. Malaika Arora has one of the most curvaceous and sexiest bodies in filmdom, and her sultry good looks go well with her burnished long legs, which she can’t quite help showing off, whether it’s an awards function or a film!
Malaika Arora in Fashion Khatam from Dolly Ki Doli.
9. Kangana Ranaut exudes a raw sex-appeal, and it’s not just because of her shapely legs.
Kangana Ranaut in a still from Rascals.
Being short, she’s not really leggy, but when bared, her legs look flawless, creamy and perfectly shaped. She carried off a bikini in Rascals and showed her shapely legs in Tanu Weds Manu Returns.
10. Model-turned-actor Nargis Fakhri has mile-long pins and is never afraid to flaunt them.
Nargis in the title song of Salman Khan-starrer Kick.
She sizzled in Rockstar and the item numbers from Kick and Phata Poster.