The ultimate bad boy of Bollywood is busy dishing out life lessons of late. Just when you thought Salman Khan’s on-screen roles can at best be described as an acute case of split personality disorder -- from Devi to Devil -- here’s him ready with an even bigger surprise now. If he’s wowed us for more than two decades playing characters with all the unthinkable shades of grey, he promises a totally different avatar in Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. Here’s a look at the range of his characters, from the lover boy to the bad man to the ultimate ‘sanskari’!
1. Here’s a lesson in self-restraint in the Bhai’s own words: “Sharaab aur khoon main apni marzi se peeta hoon..dabake.” (Wanted)
2. Do you suffer from gastritis? Have you lost millions to doctors? The bhai has a sure-shot solution. Presenting to you, the one and only Dr Salman Khan who claims: “Hum tum me itne chedd karenge ki bhool jaoge ki saans kahan se lein aur p**** kahan se.” (Dabangg)
3. Humility is the last word you will hear from him. “Main request nahi karta, ek hi bara bolta hu aur full and final ho jata hai.” (Tere Naam). Still want to rub him on the wrong side?
4. Again, humility is something he’s never heard of. Believe him when he says, “Teen cheezo ko kabhi underestimate mat karna: I, Me, Myself.” (Ready)
5. In case, you decide to visit some other doctor. “Meri ek khasiyat hai, mai marta kam hoon, ghaseeta jada hoon.” (Bodyguard)
And now, after all this, here’s he in a radically different avatar. Recognise him?