Bollywood’s undisputed dancing diva, Madhuri Dixit, turns 50 on Monday.
More than her acting prowess, which is no less superior, Madhuri will be remembered for giving a ‘technical twist’ to dance sequences in Hindi films. Needless to say, She continues to charm her fans with her grace and talents.
Here’s our pick of her best dance numbers:
1. Ghaghra: Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2012)
Madhuri Mohini Dixit grooved with Ranbir Kapoor to Rekha Bhardwaj’s voice in this song.
2. Maar Dala: Devdas (2002)
Madhuri played Chandramukhi in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Devdas. Her thumkas and facial expressions mesmerize in Maar Dala.
3. Ek Do Teen: Tezaab (1988)
This song defines Bollywood dance numbers.
4. Kay Sera Sera: Pukaar (2000)
When Madhuri matched steps with Prabhudheva, they rocked the screen and won hearts.
5. Mera Piya Ghar Aya: Yaarana (1995)
Even ten years after the song was released, Bollywood crazy women and Indian weddings continue to go with this number every time a husband/boyfriend is about to visit.
6. Dhak Dhak - Beta (1992)
The Bollywood number that still defines sensuality.
7. Ankhiyan Milaon Kabhi Ankhiyan Churaon: Raja (1995)
Madhuri won hearts with her cute gestures and quirky dance steps in the song.
8. Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai: Khalnayak (1993)
The song may have been panned for being double meaning, but it has some of the most memorable dance steps Madhuri has flaunted.
9. Didi Tera Dewar Deewana: Hum Aapke Hai Koun (1994)
This Lata Mangeshkar song saw Madhuri flirting with Salman Khan.
10. Humko Aajkal Hai Intezaar: Sailab (1990)
This Bappi Lahiri song was a lavani style dance number by Madhuri.
11. Kaahe Chhed Mohe: Devdas (2002)
Madhuri Dixit played the graceful dancer in the song.
12. Chane Ke Khet Mein: Anjaam (1994)
Madhuri Dixit is seen performing at a party in this number.
13. O Re Piya: Aja Nachle(2007)
This soulful number has some of the best Madhuri moves.
14. Aja Nachle: Aja Nachle (2007)
Quintessentially a Madhuri number, the song is peppy and foot-tapping.
Follow @htshowbiz for more