Sonakshi Sinha is undoubtedly Bollywood's most Dabangg female actor. From slamming down weight critics to standing up for herself on Twitter, Sonakshi has proved that she is not afraid of anything.
She started her Bollywood career with Dabangg which went on to become 2010's highest grossing film. Even though she lost 30 Kg's for her role as a village girl; she was criticized for being overweight.
With a collection of several commercially successful films and a massive fan following, Sonakshi Sinha has proved time and again that one does not need to be size zero or shed clothes to be a successful actor. Women all over India are inspired by her image and success.
On June 2nd 2015 the beautiful actor turns twenty eight.
Watch: Sonakshi Sinha and Shahid Kapoor in one of the biggest chartbusters by the Dabangg heroine
Here are some of her best quotes that never fail to inspire us.
1) I am not here to be size zero, but hero.
2) In this perfect world, there are certain imperfections that catch your eye. That's what works for me. I don't concentrate on being perfect, but instead put that effort behind my craft and being true to myself. I don't conform to pressures outside of me. I am confident about myself.
3) From the time I entered the industry, I have always been clear about certain things - no short clothes, no kissing, no bikinis. Nobody comes to me with such roles. And I have no dearth of work.
4) I think I have broken the mould that actresses have to be extremely thin on screen. All those who are making my weight an issue just prove that people are jealous. These are people who have nothing to do in life except to stare at their computer screens and make comments on us.
Watch: Sonakshi Sinha grooves with Akshay Kumar in this song from Rowdy Rathore
5) I believe one doesn't have to shed clothes to look sexy!
6) If a girl is not covered from head to toe, it does not mean she is inviting you to ogle at her. If we are interpreting it that way, it is not the girl, but our upbringing that is to be blamed. It is the thought process that needs to be changed.
7) Be comfortable; be you. What's most important is to understand what suits your body type and personality. Stick to that, and you can't go wrong.
8) I have a pretty active presence on social networking sites, and every day there are messages from so many young girls telling me that they are happy B-Town has curvy women like me. I feel you should be happy the way you are. Of course, fitness is important, but not to the extent of obsession.
Watch: Sonakshi Sinha and Akshay Kumar in a song from Holiday, one of the many superhits films of Sonakshi
9) No one will ever lose weight for the wrong reason. I can't starve myself. I am curvaceous. I cannot be skinny. It is important to think what you want to be. Right now, I'm happy with the way I am. I just wanted people to shut up. But that is not why I started working out, I did it for myself. I woke up one morning and thought let's not be lazy about it. When we do it for the right reason, the results show faster. After three weeks, my family told me I was looking thinner. My clothes went loose. People are using words like slim, sexy, and slender for me. Can you imagine? It feels good.
10) There's really not much that people can pick on me for my work, so obviously they find other reasons to write something bad about me. I mean, people enjoy reading bad stuff about people.