Last week, news reports claimed that actor Salman Khan had filed a legal notice against Vijay Galani, the producer of
, for non-payment of his fees amounting to Rs 15 crore.
Though the reports were not substantiated with any claims made by the actor himself, his secretary, Vikas Kapoor, was quoted as saying, “Yes, Vijay Galani has been sent a notice for an amount of Rs 15 crore.”
Now, Galani has a counter claim to make. “No legal notice can be sent because there is no Rs 15 crore due to anyone,” he says. “Ten crore rupees were paid to Salman Khan before the shooting started in August 2008, and 15 crore was to be paid after recovering the cost of the film.”
The producer’s company claims to have sent Khan a letter on July 7, stating that they had failed to recover the Rs 60 crore — the total cost of the project — and thus, the question of paying Rs 15 crore did not arise.
The letter also said, “Even though you are aware of the foregoing agreement, despite which you have made false, unfounded and baseless allegations against us.”
Says Galani, “That was the letter I sent to Salman Khan two months ago. I also asked them to present any material they had, to prove what they were claiming, and I am yet to receive a response.”
As of now, the legal notice seems to be stuck, as Khan’s secretary is reported to have sent it, but Galani has denied receiving it.