I’ve been in Lahore since July: Fawad Khan speaks up in FB post | bollywood | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 24, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

I’ve been in Lahore since July: Fawad Khan speaks up in FB post

MNS had said that the Pakistani actors working in India will be beaten up if they don’t leave the country by September 25.

bollywood Updated: Oct 07, 2016 19:32 IST
HT Correspondent
Fawad Khan

Fawad Khan was last in Dharma Productions’ Kapoor And Sons. (Photo: Yogen Shah)

Some days ago, there were reports that Pakistani actor Fawad Khan left India after threats from political outfit Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS).

MNS had said that the Pakistani actors working in India will be beaten up if they don’t leave the country by September 25.

The threat came in the wake of the terror attack in Uri, J&K, last month, in which 19 Indian troops were killed.

Subsequently, the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) passed a motion to ban artistes from across the border from working in the industry till Indo-Pak relations are normalised.

Now, Khan has responded to the controversy in a Facebook post. He says, “I’ve been in Lahore since July as my wife and I had been expecting our second child.”

“I’ve received numerous requests from the media and from well wishers worldwide asking me for my thoughts on the sad incidents that took place in the past few weeks. As a father of two little children, I pray and wish like many others that together we can build and live in a more peaceful world. I believe we owe it to our children who will shape our tomorrow,” adds Khan.

You can read his FB post here:

Follow @htshowbiz for more