Nothing unites India like Bollywood and cricket. With Team India victoriously trekking all the way up to the World Cup 2015 semi-finals, the stakes are high and so are expectations.
Ahead of Thursday’s blockbuster clash against Australia, here is a short playlist for our team and the faithful billion-plus followers.
1. Maahi Ve Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is vocal when he wants to be. He charms with his communication skills as our team bowls. For the coolest of them all, it is AR Rahman’s song from Highway: "Tu saath hai, din raat hai, Saaya saaya, maahi ve! maahi ve| Meri har baat mein saath tu hai| Mahi Ve! Maahi Ve!"
2. Oh Meri Sharmilee For Rohit ‘Hitman’ Sharma, let the great Kishore Kumar float in with "Oh meri oh meri oh meri 'Sharma'li"
3. Rehna Tu, Hai Jaisa Tu This can be every cricket fan's love song for Suresh Raina when he rains runs on the field. "'Raina' Tu, hai jaisa tu...thoda sa dard, thoda sukoon"
4. Payo Ji Maine Shikhar ‘Gabbar’ Dhawan is sure to add excitement to the battle. You can thank the divine powers for his swagger with Lata Mangeshkar’s "Payo ji maine, prem ratan 'Dhawan' payo."
5. Goli Maar Bheje Mein ‘coz Love Ij Not A Bhaste of Time If Australians sledge, we hope the final word will rest with Virat Kohli. For the fiery star, it’s Satya’s "K’ohli maar bheje mein".
Let’s also throw in PK with a twist. Love ij not a bhaste of time. Why Sharma na?
6. Parde Mein Rehne Do ‘coz Jinks ain’t the Style Mein Rehne Ka type For Ajinkya ‘Jinks’ Rahane, the man who let’s his bat do the talking, it’s Asha Bhonsle’s song from Shikhar: "Parde mein 'Rahane' do, parda na uthao." If he were flashy, "Style mein R’ahane ka" would have been in the reckoning.
7. Mauka Milega To Hum Bata Denge This isn’t the biggest hit in the world from Udit Narayan, but in keeping with the mauka of the season, why not rub it in!
8. Tez Dhaar For our underrated pacers who have come good with devastating effect. Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav and Mohit Sharma, its "Tez Dhaar" from Musafir. Never again should the word journeymen be used for you by cricket writers.
9. Zara Sa Jhoom Loon Main Ravichandran Ashwin and ‘Sir’ Ravindra Jadega, the DJ says we spin "Zara sa g’hoom loon main" for you.
10. Phir Se And, of course the song written by Manoj Muntashir that director Neeraj Pandey dedicated to the Men In Blue: Phir Se from his Dhoni biopic.
Got better songs on your list? Share it with us and the best ones will be featured here.