John Abraham injured on Force 2 sets, undergoes surgery
Bollywood actor John Abraham had to undergo surgery and is now on bed rest after he injured himself on the sets of Abhinay Deo’s Force 2.bollywood Updated: Oct 09, 2015 13:19 IST
Bollywood actor John Abraham had to undergo surgery and is now on bed rest after he injured himself on the sets of Abhinay Deo’s Force 2.
The crew is currently on a 50-day shoot in Budapest for the film where John injured his knee during an action sequence earlier this week. The doctor had reportedly advised bed rest but the Madras Cafe actor insisted on continuing with the shoot, worsening his injury. He had to undergo a minor surgery to remove blood clots as a result.
Vipul Shah, who had also produced Force (2011), said, “”We were shooting for an action sequence, which required John to break open a door. He managed to do so but injured his knee in the process, since he pushed it too hard. None of us ever imagined that something like this could happen. John was immediately rushed to the hospital where the blood clots that he had developed, as a result of the injury, were removed.”
“We commenced filming, but it just made the injury worse. We had to rush him to the hospital again, where a minor surgery was conducted on his knee,” he added.
After the surgery, the shooting had to be stopped. “Health has to be given priority over everything else,” adds Vipul. “John has been insisting that we continue filming, but we want him to rest for now. We won’t be shooting the rest of the action scenes as it isn’t advisable for John. We will film a dialogue sequence on Heroes’ Square on the October 11-12,” he said, adding that they may return with a smaller unit to film the remaining action sequences.
The team returns to India mid-October. Being directed by Abhinay Deo, Force 2 is a sequel to Force which was released in 2011. The film stars John Abraham and Sonakshi Sinha in lead role and is slated to release in 2016.