JP Dutta working on two sequels to Border | bollywood | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 05, 2016-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

JP Dutta working on two sequels to Border

bollywood Updated: Aug 16, 2012 17:32 IST

Agencies
Highlight Story

After 15 years, director JP Dutta announced on August 15 that he's keen on making not one, but two sequels to the super-successful Border. The film is still remembered for its patriotic theme and the legendary song Sadeshe Aate Hain.

"I am working on both Border 2 and Border 3. But I can't reveal much about them right now. I've to sort out certain vital issues before I can go public with my plans. But yes, it's August 15 and I remember my late brother Deepak who was in the air force. All my war films are dedicated to him," the director who last directed Umrao Jaan in 2006, told Mumbai Mirror.

"JP hasn't directed a film in a long time. He had been struggling to put together two war epics - Border 2 and 3. Also, he lost his father O P Dutta last year. Thus far, the senior Dutta had been writing all his films. With him gone, JP had to find his way through the lives of the many characters that will be a part of the two Border films. Each film is budgeted at approximately Rs 65 crore," a source close to the project informed the tabloid.

Dutta is now acquiring the necessary permissions.

"He has been busy traveling to Delhi and meeting ministers and Defence officers for the last two years. JP needs to shoot the films in war sensitive areas. He will require army equipment. And thus the support of the Defence ministry was necessary. He's finally got the approval," the source told the Mirror.





According to the tabloid, the shooting of Border 2 is expected to commence this winter. A source told the tabloid that the cast would comprise of known faces as well as newcomers.



Suniel Shetty and Abhishek Bachchan are expected to be a part of the film. Ranbir Kapoor could be the new addition to the cast.